Who We Are:
Aspirational Beauty Marketing (ABM), LLC, is an entrepreneurial company backed by Guthy|Renker; who has discovered and developed dozens of well-loved, high quality consumer products in the beauty, skincare, entertainment and wellness categories. Guthy|Renker has more than 20 years of product development, branding and marketing success.
The ABM team is responsible for a portfolio of Legendary and Growth capacity brands with a portfolio of brands will continue to evolve and grow with time.
ABM is a wholly owned subsidiary of Guthy-Renker Ventures, one of the largest direct response marketing companies in the U.S. made up of teams of thought partners and creators, inventors and innovators with more than 30 years of product development, branding and marketing success with names you know and trust, delivering beauty you can believe in. We’re all about supercharging start-ups and scaling brands and drive and take pride in every stage of development from idea to inception to omni-channel roll out.
Our mission—to change how you look, feel and live—is more than a purpose, it’s our call to action.
General Summary: The Purchasing/ Sourcing Agent will be responsible for S&OP execution through developing production and capacity plans. The Agent will ensure efficient purchasing and flow of materials throughout the entire supply chain from the supply base to support product shipments in global distribution centers. This position interfaces with internal business partners and the Demand organization to determine requirements and develop production build plans which meet objectives, optimize inventory investment, and facilitate efficient utilization of manufacturing resources.
The Agent will be responsible for executing and supporting Management in the Sourcing process end-to-end, from initial selection of primary and secondary packaging to collaboration with contract manufacturers through timely delivery of production inventory.
- Execute procurement strategies to improve supplier performance, secure competitive pricing, reduce quality issues, deliver savings and reduce lead times.
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for commercial and legal terms/ conditions
- Builds strong relationships with the supplier community to drive high levels of service (On Time and In Full).
- Support management to develop a portfolio of suppliers and prospective suppliers' capabilities.
- Maintain Sourcing and Sku level rules to meet department objectives.
- Update ERR comments with up to date promise dates and actions.
- Collaborate with Finance to resolve supplier invoicing discrepancies
- Manage the purchasing process for assigned brand(s) or brand segment(s).
- Efficiently plan, purchase, expedite and deliver quality goods/services and stay within forecast/budget.
- Manage low inventory liability, while sustaining corporate backorder/fill rate goals.
- Manage purchase order requisitions: Advise of inventory availability and ability to meet requested delivery date, expedite and follow-up for on time delivery.
- Manage logistical requirements with freight forwarder and fulfillment centers.
- Returns: Advise when to scrap or to return to stock and issue rework POs when necessary.
- Aggressively seek, evaluate, implement and record cost savings. (Packaging, manufacturing, assembly, fulfillment and personal productivity.)
- Follow necessary standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Coordinate with Marketing on new or revamped offers (i.e. new kit configuration).
- Oracle Item Code and BOM set up, revisions and maintenance. (Finished goods, intermediates and packaging).
- Manage the phase in/phase out process of new offers, items and packaging.
- Lead weekly conference calls with core and critical suppliers and maintain timely updates of PO delivery dates in Oracle and expedite as needed.
- Issue Purchase Orders and Work Orders.
- Report weekly backorders and timelines to clear.
- Report supplier KPIs as defined by Management.
- Report and execute on supplier PPV and SLOB.
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Attend scheduled on or offsite Marketing/Purchasing S&OP meetings and take minutes if requested.
- Schedule and attend regular offsite visits to core supplier/manufacturers, assembly locations and fulfillment centers.
- Assist in creating and compiling required and requested reports.
- Travel and personal expense reimbursement are required.
- This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in specific or related purchasing fields, two or more years of procurement experience preferred. Personal care products background is a plus.
- Ability to work with others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Strong Excel Skills) and Oracle OBIEE (or similar system)
- APICS certification a plus
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Previous interactions and experience with Cosmetic or Pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging, and analytical laboratories is a plus
- Must be highly analytic and exhibit strong organizational skills
- Must think both strategically and tactically
- Must display a persistent attention to detail
- Ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity and a high level of comfort in working with large quantities of data
- Ability to communicate, influence, and negotiate to deliver results
- Ability to problem solve and provide sound business recommendations
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Poise when confronted with sudden setbacks
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Environmental, Psychological and Physiological Requirements:
- The work will be performed inside a multi-story office building with elevators and stairs.
- The person must be able to remain in a stationary position for up to 50% of the time.
- Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery and conference rooms.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine, printer and calculator
- Frequently communicates with employees who have inquiries.
- Ability to learn technical material and apply the knowledge to their work.
Guthy|Renker provides competitive salary and benefits along with a beautiful work environment. We offer weekly breakfast and happy hour, as well as many fun events for employees.
Guthy|Renker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.